Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Love Lucy Barbies

Now that I have eight I Love Lucy Barbie dolls, I want to give sort of a "synopsis" of each one, just in case anyone wants to get one.
  1. Lucy Does a TV Commercial- Comes in Lucy's plaid dress that she wore in the episode, with an adorable hat and a bottle (of vitametavegemin) and a spoon. As far as I know, this is the only one that has the episode written on the stand.
  2. Lucy Gets in Pictures- Comes in the outfit that Lucy wore in the episode, with a gigantic headdress, bathing-suit type outfit, fishnet tights, and shoes that say Lucy Ricardo on the bottoms, like in the episode.
  3. Lucy's Italian Movie- This one has what I think is the cutest face of all of them. Lucy wears the lacy blouse and dark blue skirt that she wears in Italy, and she has a bunch of grapes that she does not hold, but I just set it down on her stand.
  4. Job Switching- Comes in a grey-and-pink uniform, cute pink high-heels, and has chocolates that she holds in her hand. Also, her hat has chocolates in it!
  5. Sales Resistance- This one comes in the famous polka-dotted dress, black flats, and has a white apron with red rick-rack on it. This is the most traditional of the dolls.
  6. Lucy Gets a Paris Gown- Lucy's face on this one is just precious! She's wearing the oh-so-funny burlap bag, and the horse's feedsack on her head. She wears pearl earrings, a pearl pin, and a clutch with pearls on it.
  7. The Ballet- It's so funny! Lucy is wearing a ballet tutu and ballet slippers. In her hair is a wreath of flowers. Her tights are very sheer, so be careful not to tear them.
  8. LA at Last- This one is my favorite. Lucy wears the beautiful rhinestone-studded housecoat that she wears in the episode. She holds a coffee cup, but you need to keep the plastic on in order for it to stay in her hands. So don't take it off... I almost made that mistake. Her face is the funniest thing! She has huge glasses on, along with a nose made of putty that is "burnt".

So, that's everything! I absolutely love all of them. -Hal

PS-- Do you have any of the above dolls? If so, which ones? Also, what is your favorite I Love Lucy episode? Mine is Lucy Gets a Paris Gown.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any of the I Love Lucy Barbies that you have, but I have the I Love Lucy Babires from the episode 'Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress'! I Love Lucy is one of my all-time favorite shows, so yeah. I love a lot of different episodes, so I can't really pick one. :)

    Pioneer/Katie >.<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Dolls, Dolls, and More Dolls. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and appropriate so everyone can enjoy this website. Thanks!